Monday, June 13, 2011

What's This? - Vol. 1, Number 1

A few yrs ago, I sent out some 30 "Basic Bible Studies." Many of you received those studies, spoke favorably of them, and shared them with others. They were received and read by people in over thirty states as I recall, as well as in several foreign countries. When I completed the series, I intended to take a hiatus and then start another series of studies. That plan obviously never did materialize.

I am not into blogging, but I do have an interest in using e-mail as a means for communicating with others on a varied assortment of matters. What I therefore propose doing is writing from time to time under the heading of "Hugh's News & Views" and touching on a potpourri of topics. These occasional mailings will go out to family, friends, neighbors, fellow members of the church of Christ, as well as those who are not members of the church of Christ. I will use these "send-outs" as a means of staying in touch, as well as a way of letting others know my thinking about the matters that I choose to discuss. I will talk about Biblical texts and my understanding of what they teach, things that are happening in
the churches of Christ, things that are transpiring in the larger religious world, political and social issues, moral issues, local, state, national, and international news items, sports (I no longer entertain the idea of Alabama repeating as national champions in college football, and I have mixed feelings about the Titans signing Randy Moss!), personal and family matters (where deemed appropriate), as well as any thing else that might tend to cross my mind when I sit down to write.

It is important to understand that the matters addressed will be strictly as I see them. No one else is to be blamed for what I write. They are exactly what the title indicates – Hugh's News and Views. You are free to disagree with anything I say. If you have no interest in receiving these mailings you may hit the delete key or, better still, drop me a note and ask that I remove your name from the mailing list. Either way, you will not hurt my feelings. On the other hand, if you like what you read and think others may have an interest in reading what I have to say, please feel free to send me their name and e-mail address and I will be glad to add them to my recipients' list. My e-mail address is: huford@comcast.com. (Huford is a moniker by which some have addressed me over the yrs and obviously is a contraction
of Hugh Fulford.)

In closing this initial edition of "Hugh's News & Views," I hope each of you paused to remember that today was "Veteran's Day," which, when I was a boy, we knew as Armistice Day. I enjoyed it because we got out of school for the day, it was the week the County Fair was held in the county where I grew up, and a day to go to the carnival that was held in conjunction with the Fair and enjoy the rides, cotton candy, caramel covered apples, and other stuff that tended to make you sick at your stomach!

Hugh Fulford

No comments:

Post a Comment